I want to lose some weight without a diet pill or anything like that.
so my questions are:
how long should i exercise and how often?
should i eat low calorie, or still eat the amount your suppose to?
what are exercises that will make my stomach flat?
what are exercises that will make my thighs smaller?
what type of foods should i eat? what type should i not eat?
and i love chinese food, but should i stop eating it?
Answer on Efficient ways to lose weight?
Well done for not wanting to ruin your body by resorting to diet pills!
1) If you're completely new to fitness, start with 3 times a week, or about 30 minutes.
If you're quite fit already, go for 5 times a week and 45-60 minutes.
Of course, you can go for fewer or more days with more/less time - whatever your stamina is.
2) If you're a woman, eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day, with a maximum of around 1600.
If you're a man, eat a minimum of 1600 calories per day, with a maximum of around 2100.
3) You need to do cardio exercises to burn fat, so running, swimming, cycling - basically anything where you end up sweating and with a raised heartbeat.
You can then focus on toning up, so things like leg curls, squats, lunges, etc and crunches, sit ups, push ups etc for your legs, bum, tum and arms.
4) Try and eat healthier foods, rather than getting all your calories from junk food. If you do eat junk food or eat out somewhere, opt for healthier choices, such as a salad rather than an extra bowl of chips - just doing that you can save up to 600 calories!
5) If you mean Chinese take-away - limit it. Have it once every 2 weeks and then when you eat healthier as you progress, have it once a month.
I loved eating Chinese take-away too, in fact when I was 220lbs, I would eat it at least 4 times a week, now I have lost 90lbs, I have it once every 2-3 months and no, I don't even miss it.
It's amazing how your body adjusts to healthy food and exercise if you're serious about it.