Saturday, August 12, 1995

Question about VAT?

I'm buying an item from France that is equivalent to about $1000 USD. Do I get the VAT refunded when I leave to return to the US? If so, how do I go about getting the refund? Also, from France I'm going to Italy, so I'm coming back to the US from I request the refund when I leave France, or when I leave Italy, even though I bought the item in France?

Answer on Question about VAT?

Get it when you leave France. Most airports have a place to make a claim for it, do it when leaving the country.